Sunday 2 March 2014

Being inspired...



Lately, I’m questioning the way my blog is going. I’ve expanded the amount and different types of blog I read. I used to always just read fashion blogs, where outfit posts were the main content. However I have recently starting reading more lifestyle and journal type posts,  as well as reading lots of different magazines from the usual circuit. From these I’ve been inspired to try and expand and improve my writing. It has also become a realisation that applying for Uni is just around the corner and looking at the different English courses there is on offer I’ve realised that it is extremely competitive and if I want to be the best I can be I need to start challenging myself by my writing.  For example, since the beginning of 2014 I have made it my aim to write in my journal every other day and I’ve started doing some more picture-y journaling inspired by some of my favourite quotes. And it has recently hit me that why don’t I share some of this on my blog? Why don’t I try and improve my writing skill through this platform I already have? 

I’ve known for a while that my blog is still developing into something I want it to be but I think I need to improve my variety and explanation of posts. Of course I will still post lots and lots about fashion but I can only post so much, as I only have a limited amount of clothes! This  will take more time and effort and with everything else going on at the moment (Dance exams, school stress) the posts might be less regular. But I need to continue this balance that I had sorted out at the beginning of the year so please just bear with me. Stick around because hopefully this development will make my blog a whole lot better!

This was a very spontaneous post and I feel quite nervous posting it! I also don't have a clue how this photo is related to it but I couldn't have a picture-less post now, could I?

Now Reading - I'm actually getting quite involved in Jane Austen's Emma, I'm a 1/3 of the way through it!





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I want to do English at uni too, and looking through prospectus after prospectus has just made me go aah! It's going to be such hard work! And I love 'Emma' too xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© StyleStorey

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig